How To Reshape A Hat
How to steam and reshape your hat
1) The first step is to have either an iron or a kettle. For most people at home the best way to do this is to use the steam from a kettle on your stove. Steam from an iron can also be used but it is more tricky this way, and less effective.
2) Steam will be very hot so please be careful and keep your hands, face and hat at least 6-8 inches away from the spout.
3) Proceed to let the steam permeate the hat inside and out, making the hat warm and soft. This will allow you to begin the shaping process.
4) Carefully start kneading the hat using your hands and fingers to shape the crown and brim into the desired positions.
5) Oftentimes and especially if the hat you're working on starts to get too wet from oversaturation, it is best to let it sit and dry then continue the process.
6) Repeat steps 3-5 until you reach your desired effect.